In celebration of our 2nd birthday, we're giving away a fantastic discounted subscription and a Practical Guide to Investing for beginners.
Started your retirement planning? Saving for a college fund? Perhaps you've just come into a bit of money, and want to be wise with it. Whatever the case, investing in value is a no-brainer.
“People who invest make money for themselves; people who speculate make money for their brokers... But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.” - Benjamin Graham, 'The Intelligent Investor'.
The famous intelligent investor, Benjamin Graham, makes it sound so simple. The notions of value investing certainly are simple and straightforward, but practically starting your portfolio is not always so easy. That's why we decided to celebrate our 2nd birthday by giving away a discounted subscription that gets you 2 years of STRIDE for the price of 1! Just download one of the eBooks in our latest portfolio management series (Practical Guides to Value Investing: Starting Your Portfolio, Building Your Portfolio and Running Your Portfolio) to claim the discount.
The Practical Guide to Starting Your Portfolio
5 steps to get investing for beginners:
1. You’ll need to have these things in place:
- 3-6 months’ salary in savings
- A readiness to commit to a long term investment
- An understanding of your personal circumstances, which might influence your trading. E.g. your currency’s standing, your geography, which trading account is available to you and which will suit you best
2. You’ll need to answer these questions:
- Does your country have access to global markets, specific tax implications for trading, and online brokerage systems?
- Where do you want to trade?
- How much are you looking to invest and in what number of slices? We recommend a 30 slice model
- How much time can you put towards managing your portfolio?
3. You’ll need to know how much it costs:
- This will depend on your geography, type of trading account and your trading size and frequency.
- If you’re unsure of the fees or taxes, you should seek professional advice before you embark on this journey.
4. You’ll need to find a brokerage system:
- According to your specific needs (which should have been answered in the questions above), you’ll need to identify a broker or online trading platform that you can trade through
5. You’ll need to make your first trade:
- You need to pick a company to invest in: This is where STRIDE comes in. We help you choose the best businesses around the globe in accordance with our 3D value investing principles.
- This process will be specific to the brokerage system that you selected
- Make your first trade with guidance from your broker/trading platform
Of course, there's a lot more behind these 5 steps than what we've got here. If you'd like to know more and let us guide you through starting your portfolio, download our eBook below.